Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Trim and Healthy (and actually doable!) way of life

Three and a half years ago while I was still pregnant with my middle boy, I heard about an intriguing new "diet" book coming out from two Christian women. Two sisters who had a multitude of children between the two of them, homeschooled and lived the busy life of moms and still looked amazing! Now I am blessed to naturally be on the thin side and have never "needed" to diet and thus had never really eaten that healthy either. However, after 2 pregnancies I realized that I did have a tendency to put on extra weight and swelling and what I ate really affected my energy levels and general well being. So when I heard about the Trim Healthy Mama book, I quickly ordered it! I was excited to have a healthy eating plan for after my baby came- while nursing and trying to lose the extra baby weight.
 
The original Trim Healthy Mama book is over 600 pages long and crammed full of so much information! While it is a hugely helpful resource, it can be very hard to navigate and the format-with the recipes interwoven in- is not the most user friendly. When I heard that they were reformatting the book into two separate volumes- a plan book and a cook book- I was very excited to get my hands on them. 

My well loved and well used original THM book and my pretty new copy!
 
The new plan book includes all the amazing research and "science" of the Trim Healthy Mama way and new, updated information added from the original. At first, the idea of having to spend the time to read such a thick book just to understand a diet seems overwhelming, but I promise it's worth it! Trim Healthy Mama is not just a diet, it's a lifestyle and it's totally doable and beneficial for more than just the mamas. It takes some time and a pretty good paradigm shift to get in the swing of it, but once you do it becomes second nature and has so many benefits!
 
The THM Sisters put years of hard work and research into mapping out this plan and all of its lingo-such as S and E meals, fuel pulls, crossovers- and inventing delicious recipes to go with it. You are not deprived in any way with this eating plan, trust me! I have enjoyed the most decadent desserts and filling meals and my family hasn't complained one bit. My husband loves the recipes and has even lost weight without even trying-he's a bog fan of the THM way! I have been able to drop back down to my pre-babies weight after both of my last pregnancies easily and feel so much better not consuming lots of sugar and empty carbs. I have been on board with Trim Healthy Mama since it first was introduced and love seeing how widespread and popular it's become. There are so many success stories from women and men of all ages that are regularly shared on the Trim Healthy Mama Facebook page.  It's not some fad diet that's unhealthy or complicated. I recommend this eating plan and this new book to all my friends and family!
 
The newly released Trim Healthy Mama plan book is beautifully designed and simplified and I feel is much more approachable for those new to the plan. I can't wait to get the new cookbook next and add some new recipes to my THM meal plans! There is also some great recipes around the web. Check out my THM pinterest board to see some of my favorites!

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment