Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Everybody can help Somebody: A good lesson for all ages

I remember being newly an adult- newly married and pregnant with my first child when Ron Hall and Denver Moore's Same Kind of Different as Me came out and it really affected me. It's described as the story of a modern-day slave, an international art dealer and the unlikely woman who bound them together- an intriguing story line, to be sure! I was really excited to see the authors had recently came out with a children's picture book version of their story.


 I love the simplistic illustrations and engaging, yet accessible text used to share this inspiring story with kids. I so enjoyed cuddling up with my boys and introducing them to a man who lived such a very different life than any that they are familiar with. Denver truly lived a life that most of us assume was a burdened lifestyle of the past. What an eye opening account for my kids to hear of the childhood he lived, especially to their "privileged" one in comparison. 


Then to read of how the love of God tracked him down and transformed his life and touched his heart through some unlikely friends. This is the kind of story I want to engrain in my kids' hearts: that God can use them to share his love in ways and with people they could never even imagine.



Thanks to Book Look Bloggers for providing me with a copy of this title to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment