Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Whatever is Lovely- a beautiful adult coloring book with faith at its core

Usually I try and steer clear of all things "trendy", but the current adult coloring book is too fun to pass up! Coloring was defintely a favorite childhood hobby of mine and one I felt like I probably held on to for too long! But now coloring is the "cool" thing to do and there's even scientific evidence to prove its a stress relieving activity. I am not artistic at all (like really, truly-not at all) so having a beautiful  picture that I didn't have to draw but can still "create"- thru my own interpretation of colors- is really appealing. I printed out a few free coloring pages to color alongside my boys this fall, but hadn't seen any coloring books I just had to have. Until this one came on the scene-


Whatever is Lovely: A Coloring Book for Reflection and Worship. An absolutely gorgeous and very high quality coloring book collaborated by many of the finest and favorite Christian illustrators of the Internet. One of my very favorite illustrators- Jenny Stewart of French Press Mornings- has a couple beautiful offerings in this awesome collection. I will say, a couple of the pages seem a little "kiddish" to me, but I suppose you can expect that in a coloring book. For the most part, the pictures are lovely and varied in style. I can't wait to get some good quality colored pencils and have some "artwork" to hang on the fridge next to my kids'. ;) 
 

There's also a music playlist you can access online with a code found inside the book that is designed to correlate with the restful experience of using the coloring book. I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening to get the full experience - playlist and all! 
 
If you've been wanting to give adult coloring a go- Whatever is Lovely coloring book is a great launch pad! 

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment